How Weather Causes Cracked Skin
“Cracked heels in summer” is a very common experience. You see a lot of people with cracked heels and think, "Hey, this is no big deal." But it is since cracked skin is one of the most common skin conditions in the world.
Cracked skin is caused by excessive exposure to the cold, dry air, and/or harsh environments. It is a condition where the underlying skin layers become damaged, resulting in inflammation, pain and bleeding. When there are too many of these little cracks, it becomes harder to heal. Cracked skin can also be caused by overuse of certain chemicals or products.
How Weather Can Cause Cracked Skin
Dry skin can lead to cracked skin, which can cause bleeding if not treated quickly. It is important to note that this is not hyperkeratosis (a form of dry skin that forms a barrier between the outer layer of the skin and its underlying epidermal layers).
A dry, itchy, and cracked skin can be caused by a variety of factors. One of the most obvious is simply an over-abundance of water on the skin: sweat and perspiration combined with water loss from the skin can lead to dehydration. Another common cause is too much makeup and sunscreen on the face, which can lead to dry, cracked skin.
Dryness in general, whether it is during winter or summer, can lead to cracked skin, which can cause skin bleeding or swelling if it is not timely treated. Remember that cracked heels and super dry skin are both caused by dehydration (whether caused by sweat or excess water loss), so you should examine your shoes and socks carefully for signs of moisture problems.
Many people think that their hands and feet don’t get cold enough in the winter. But when the temperature gets below freezing, hands and feet start getting very cold and can feel numb or painful for up to an hour after being exposed to extreme temperatures.
When you are out in the cold, it's important to wear a thin glove on your hand or foot as well as a thick sock or boot covering your entire body to keep your hands and feet warm. Of course, avoiding extreme temperatures is always a good idea, but sometimes we need to get used to them- especially if they cause some discomfort in our lifestyle.
People who have chronic dry skin — particularly on the hands, feet, and face — can feel mentally fatigued. The psychological effects of this condition can be profound, with sufferers often feeling like they cannot function at work and at home.
There are a variety of reasons for this effect:
- Loss of moisture from the body (including perspiration)
- Stress from extreme levels of dryness
- A lack of sleep that leads to anxiety about the next day's activities
- Decreased immune system functioning due to dehydration (from not getting enough water to drink during the day)
- People with chronic dry skin may feel physically tired for several days after getting off a bus or train because their hands are too cold or too hot. These people may not realize that they have been affected by having dry skin all week.
Cold Weather’s Effect on Cracked Skin
It is not just the hands that are adversely affected by cold weather. Cracked heels can cause them to become so dry that they bleed, which can lead to a lot of discomfort. The skin is very sensitive to cold. Cold weather can cause dryness and the occurrence of cracked skin. This is most evident for hands and feet, which can get very cracked and leave a painful look.
The problem is not limited to people who live in colder climates: it also occurs in some parts of the world where winter is milder. Many people may not realize their skin is becoming drier because their feet tend to be warm, but for those with cracked heels or other skin ailments such as psoriasis (a skin disease caused by an imbalance between the body’s immune system and its defense system), this can be very painful and dangerous.
Delfina Dry Skin Oil is the natural solution that has been proven effective for countless people who have struggled with psoriatic skin. Unlike most other treatment options, such as drugs that may cause side effects, Delfina is a natural solution and has not been known to cause any side effects.
Weather is just one example of a very common problem you may have seen on forums and elsewhere: occasionally, people have asked about how to treat cracked heels or other cracked skin issues caused by cold weather. When thinking about how you deal with these issues, you might want to read up on cracking skin when there is a significant change in weather; it’s a good idea to try using an ointment that heals dry, cracked skin when it is really dry (and this will help your feet stay feeling dry instead of crumbly).
Insulate yourself adequately before going out, especially at night during cold weather. Wear socks and gloves made of non-irritable fabric and apply Delfina Dry Skin Oil as a prevention measure.
How Cracked Heels Impact Your Well-Being
Cracked heels are a very real thing that affects millions of people all over the world. The effects range from mild to severe and can have serious implications for the person's health. For example, a person who suffers from cracked heels may have trouble walking as well as feeling tired during the day and having difficulties concentrating at work.
Although cracked heels are not fun to have, there are a number of simple ways that you can prevent cracked heels. Here are 5 things to keep in mind:
1) If you notice your feet getting cold and wet, stop, take off your shoes and dry off. This will prevent any colds or infections caused by humidity in the air, which will then be less likely to spread to other parts of your body such as hands or legs.
2) Don't buy shoes that don't accommodate your feet well if they are not comfortable; they may give you trouble when wearing them for long periods of time.
3) If you have red skin on your body, try using Delfina Dry Skin Oil, which not only prevents cracked skin from occurring if it is used regularly, but it can also be used as a treatment option for people who have developed it. Use Delfina Dry Skin Oil twice a day for at least 14 days to achieve visible results. Being too sensitive to chemicals may also be one reason why cracked heels occur, whereas Delfina Dry Skin Oil is a natural solution that does not contain any parabens or fragrances; so if you don't normally use chemicals, it is best that you do not apply them on your body!
4) Do not ignore cracks or lesions on your skin because these can be caused by various factors such as chronic illnesses such as diabetes (diabetics tend to get some type of infection), bad nutrition, hormones, physical stress, sun exposure, etc.; so consult your doctor if needed!
5) If you feel uncomfortable at home because of dry skin, remember that some people find it easier to sleep when their feet are warm; try putting an electric blanket on top of your bed!
Tips On Preventing Cracked Skin
The first step in treating cracked skin is to do some research on possible causes. If you know what kind of person is likely to develop this problem, you may want to take special precautions against the possible triggers of this problem:
- Wear gloves and hats when gardening
- Exercise outdoors
- Drink plenty of water
Here are some tips for keeping your hands and feet as moisturized as possible during cold weather:
Optimize Your Sleeping Habits
If you use a humidifier in your home and don't cool down at night, you will create additional moisture inside your home. I know this sounds obvious, but it's easy to forget when you're sleeping in hot or humid environments. Don't let that happen! Try to sleep in an open bedroom with plenty of space between your bed and any air vents or windows.
If you do use heaters during the winter time: A large fan will blow the heat outside and away from your bedroom. Don't share this with anybody — if you're worried about someone else directly overheating themselves, go somewhere else for the night! And use low-heat settings when possible (rather than high) so that you do not raise the temperature too high outside your bedroom where it is already very warm.
Use Soap & Shampoo Safely
It's important to avoid chemical-laden soaps and shampoos because they tend to be extremely drying on skin (and worse, they may be carcinogenic). We recommend using a natural body wash rather than one made with parabens (the preservative used by most mainstream brands). A quick Google search should tell you what ingredients are safe for use in natural body washes. Instead of washing hair with them on a regular basis as this greatly increases their risk of cancer-causing chemical compounds being absorbed into our bodies through our pores... which then end up on our hands, we recommend using a light, herbal moisturizer like Delfina Dry Skin Oil should be applied preferably after bathing. It's also a good idea to moisturize your skin throughout the day.
The reason why cleaning chemicals contain carcinogens is because we cannot eliminate everything from our environment in order to keep the planet healthy; however we can drastically reduce their toxicity by changing how we use products around us (like cleaning products).
The Bottom Line
Cracked skin is a condition where the skin turns rough, dry, and eventually cracks. People who are very pale often have cracked-skin because it prevents them from seeing shadows. This can be a sign that they are not getting enough sun. People with cold hands, such as those who work outdoors in cold weather, are very likely to develop cracked skin.Use Delfina Dry Skin Oil in your day and night skincare routine to treat skin dryness and eliminate your cracked skin because once the dryness is treated, it is unlikely for it to lead to cracked skin. You can consult a dermatologist to determine the root of your cracked skin.